Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Flip Phone


I have always liked the design for the flip phone cellphone. I remember watching Nash Bridges on TV when I was a kid and remember watching him use a cellphone that flipped open and from then on always wanted one. I think the design of a flip phone largely impart takes its basic idea from a laptop computer. When you flip it open its ready to go when you close it you know its still on but waiting for you to use it again in the near future. I think also the appeal of the flip phone is the same idea of "look at this tiny laptop computer I can make calls on". Part of the reason they might have designed the flip phone is to protect the screen and keyboard. On older phones the screen and keyboard were always in plain sight which something could be dropped on. At the end of 2007 55 million Americans owned cellphones, now its an impressive 250 million and still growing. The flip phone will soon be replaced with the smart phones but the flip phone was a great design.

No comments:

Post a Comment