Thursday, October 1, 2009

Terrible Movie Poster


I'm not sure where to begin with this movie poster. At first glance without reading anything it has the feel of a promotional poster for some crappy new drama series for broadcast network television, like a detective show. But if you read at the bottom it says, "In Theaters". Well I guess it's a movie then. But what is this movie about? Well if I read the title I'm guessing a law abiding citizen, but who is the law abiding citizen? The guy on the right? The guy on the left? They both look pretty tough in black and white with stern shadowed faces. As far as I know they could both be either good or bad? It's also a good thing the designer put their names on their foreheads like misplaced name tag. He or she could have just stacked them in the middle. I'm guessing most of the general public knows who Jamie Fox is and then deduced that the other face must belong to the name Gerard Butler. In the end, do I have any new knowledge of what this movie is about? No. Do I have any more motivation to go see this movie? No. If anything I have less of an urge to go see this movie. The main change I would have made was to add a little tag line, like the old movie posters, about the movie like, "Taking the law into his own hands this October". That gives more of an action movie type feel. Which I'm guessing this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment