Monday, November 23, 2009

Comedy Posters






So, I got to thinking. What is going on with big red letters, or the color red in general and comedy movie poster? Maybe the public hasn't noticed this yet or maybe the movie company advertising teams all got together and decided what color was going to represent funny movies so people subconsciously relate humor with the color red. Who knows. I like the color red with the big fonts and strait forward letters. It does for some reason have that, hey this is going to be a funny movie look to it. It's strange because people always associate red with danger, and no or stop. Wikipedia also says its associated with anger, sex, passion, sin, and pain. Some countries do associate it with luck and happiness. The only thing I could find on the web about the assocaiton with red letters and comedy movies was a spoof that collegehumor.com did about red text, so I guess I'm not the only one that noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment