Monday, November 23, 2009

Floating Stairs


I think I'm really starting to like things that float. These are floating stairs. They are designed to look as if there is no frame or supporting structure for the steps. The glass on the side had to be there for the support and it looks like the steps are bolted somehow into the glass. There is something about the magic effect of floating that really appeals to me. It maybe the inner self that always wanted to fly. My concern with this design is the glass and the space between the steps. I'm sure the glass sound enough, but if you got a crack in it somehow and didn't know, and it broke while you were walking down the steps, that would not be good. Also if you have small children or pets, there is a possibility of falling through or getting caught. I would suggest these for a bachelor pad, young trendy couple or a contemporary office. People like to mount their TVs so it looks like it's floating, why not more things?

No comments:

Post a Comment