Monday, November 23, 2009

lighted cap


This is a baseball cap with a solar panel on the bill and led lights underneath so the wearer can see whats in front of them at night. I like the idea. I'm assuming its intended for campers and backpackers. If you were to use this around the house to fix things under the sink or in dark places I'm sure you wouldn't want to leave your hat outside for a few hours first. From what I know it doesn't have a battery back up. Being an Eagle Scout I would have loved to have this on the trips i went on. It would have saved a lot of time finding a flashlight and trying to set it up somehow while starting a fire or setting up a tent. Hands free light is a must in the pitch black dark while camping. It doesn't say how long it needs to charge or how long the charge holds, and would it work if it rains all weekend? Those things would be good to know before getting stuck somewhere with it. Honestly, due to those factors, mainly the one about it being charged by the sun, I'm not if I would invest in it. You can always bring more batteries with you on a camping trip for a conventional flash light.

No comments:

Post a Comment