Friday, November 20, 2009

fold up helmet

This thing. This is a fold up textile helmet for walkers or cyclists called a "TopUp". My first reaction to this was, "are you kidding me?" It looks ridiculous. I would never be caught wearing one that's for sure. Those people look like Toad from Mario Brothers. The idea on the other had is some what of a good one depending on how well it holds up. It is a cloth, light weight, compactable helmet that is supposed to be an alternative to a rigid hard helmet that is awkward to store on your person while not using it. I can see the space saving idea as a good one but most hard helmets are already light weight, and I'm not really sure how safe I would feel with a cloth helmet. It has a "honeycomb" like structure to reduce impact but who knows how well that will work really? I personally think this is a terrible design for a helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment