Wednesday, November 18, 2009

last.fm


Last.fm is a digital music site and new application for xbox live that allows user to log on, search for an artist and listen to that artists and others similar to them streaming live. The design of the program is to provide music at no cost to the listener but with limited accessibility by not being able to choose the actual song. While the media is streaming, photos of the artist play in the background and album and artist information come up as well. I really like this design because I am always doing stuff around the house and don't have a radio, and If I did I wouldn't listen to it because I hate the radio. This is an amazing alternative for someone like myself to turn on their xbox and tv and listen to their favorite artists while doing house hold chores or homework. Brilliant. The design of the logo is simple yet unique. The animation that goes along with it draws the a into the s and disappears creating a brief infinity symbol which on music playing devices is the loop button. I like that too. Pandora is a very similar service but I would give this one a shot first.

No comments:

Post a Comment